This is my now page. What is a now page you ask? Read all about it here.
The basic idea is that this page talks about where I am and what I am doing at a given point in my life but I thought I'd do things a little differently. I am going to use this page as a timeline. What I mean by that is, I fully intend to update it whenever I move (physically or in terms of focus) but, I won't remove what was already there. I'll try to keep things dated, mostly for context.
Friday, 08 January 2021
- Where am I: In Dubai. So I left Miami to fly to Bahrain as my US visa was expiring and then I had to leave Bahrain as my visa there was expiring as well. I've been in Dubai for almost 3 months now and I am already having to figure out where I am headed to next. Hopefully, I'll be updating this page more often in the future.
- What am I doing: I got a new full-time job! It's been more than 5 months but fwiw, I now lead the frontend team at Codingal. The chrome extension mentioned below got approved and is available for everyone to download and I also ended up building my own habit tracking app! At the moment though, I am toying around with the idea of an app revolving around long-term visas but let's see how far I get with that.
Thursday, 26 March 2020
- Where am I: In Miami. I flew back here from San Juan two weeks ago because I was supposed to fly to Colombia last week but everything got canceled because of the whole coronavirus situation. I even considered flying back home to India but I eventually decided getting into two planes and walking across two airports wasn't the best idea. So here I am.
- What am I doing: Apart from working full-time at Daycation, I've been working on a new chrome extension and a personal Whatsapp bot. I've submitted the extension to the Chrome Developer Store and it is pending approval. As for the Whatsapp bot, I've been writing all about it on this blog.
- How am I feeling: Pretty good, to be honest. Well, at least as good as one can when quarantined. I haven't left the house in almost two weeks so that's been unusual. I have surprisingly been more productive than I'd have thought I'd be if I had to stay indoors. I've also started re-watching Lost. Yeah, I don't know why I am doing that to myself.